[PLUG] C++ GUI Programming

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Oct 28 02:42:31 UTC 2004

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004, Robert Kopp wrote:

> Would those who are doing C++ graphics care to say what their favorite
> toolkit(s) are? Qt has come to my attention, and I am willing to accept
> the EULA. ("Good commercial software is better than bad free software.")
> I've heard of others, though, and I'd like to assess their relative
> strengths and weaknesses.

Tim,

   If you separate the UI from the rest of the code you can use python,
java, tcl/tk and many other options. Heck, you could use gtk+, too. The nice
thing about a modular organization is the ease of maintanance or change of
one part without affecting the other parts.

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)