[PLUG] C++ GUI Programming

Fedor Pikus fpikus at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 05:56:13 UTC 2004

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 18:59:42 -0700 (PDT), Robert Kopp
<iconoklastic at yahoo.com> wrote:
> C++ does not have built-in graphic functionality. You
> can't do things like plot(x,y) that are a feature of
> BASIC, for example.
>
> Would those who are doing C++ graphics care to say
> what their favorite toolkit(s) are? Qt has come to my
> attention, and I am willing to accept the EULA. ("Good
> commercial software is better than bad free
> software.") I've heard of others, though, and I'd like
> to assess their relative strengths and weaknesses.
Also take a look at wxWidgets, it's native C++, licensed under
"extended LGPL" (the end result looks like a BSD-ish license, you can
use the toolkit in GPL programs and in proprietary ones),
cross-platform (Linux, Windoze, even Mac I think).

Fedor G Pikus (fpikus at gmail.com)
http://www.pikus.net
http://wild-light.com