[PLUG] KVM switch recommendations?

Don Buchholz buchholz at easystreet.com
Fri Sep 3 10:52:02 UTC 2004

R. Haack wrote:

> I have a couple of Belkins that are connected together that work fine
> most of the time.  Every once in a while though they go crazy and the
> only way to fix them is to disconnect everything and then reconnect
> everything.  If I had to purchase again I would most likely go with
> another brand.

Ditto -- the Belkins will freak out, and since they get power from
keyboard/mouse PS/2 connections (rather than just using the DC
current from the wall-wart adapter), the only way to get a complete
reset it to (a) turn *all* systems off, or (b) unplug *everything*.
What a PITA!!!

I'm pretty happy with the Apex units that IBM resells.

- Don