[PLUG] Video cards -- 1.5v AGP

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Sep 4 08:11:02 UTC 2004

On Fri, 3 Sep 2004, Derek Loree wrote:

> A Matrox G550 would probably look better in 2D and slow 3D mode, there is
> kernel support for the dual heads too.  Not that the ATI is bad, just that
> the Matrox looks very good doing everything but fast action 3D, the ATI
> looks OK doing everything including fast action 3D.

Derek,

  Thanks for the suggestion. At my age I'm not much into fast action 3D so
that's not an issue. Besides, even a massive wasting on a terrain model
doesn't move that quickly. And, the 3D simulations of a particle moving down
a river system are sufficiently quick even on my current nVidia Riva 128 (or
something like that. Actually, I could probably use this card, too, but I
don't know if it's a 1.5 v version (about 7 years old it is).

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
<http://www.appl-ecosys.com>