[PLUG] decomposing animated GIFs?

Michael Rasmussen mikeraz at patch.com
Mon Sep 6 10:30:03 UTC 2004

On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 04:31:28AM -0700, Russell Senior wrote:

> I have an animated GIF that I want to decompose into single frames.
> What is a good way to do that?  The animation is composed of about 150
> frames.  I tried GIMP, but it wasn't obvious how to do it.
>
> Hints/pointers?

There may be better ways, like a tool that would split out the animation into seperate images.
Like gifsicle, http://www.lcdf.org/~eddietwo/gifsicle/

Gimp works with animated gifs through layers.  Open up the Layers dialog and you'll see the sequence of images.

--
    Michael Rasmussen, Portland Oregon
  Be appropriate && Follow your curiosity