[PLUG] Improving anti UCE testing in postfix...

Ed Sawicki plug at alcpress.com
Fri Sep 10 15:13:02 UTC 2004

Darkhorse wrote:

>I have these blobklist suggestions from my ISP:
>
>     postmaster.rfc-ignorant.org
>          abuse.rfc-ignorant.org
>
>I've turned them both off because of high false
>positives with AOL users and even some webmail
>services out there.  Mostly, postmaster checking
>is what causes a false alarm.  AOL users generally
>pass SPF check.  How if SPF passes can I skip the
>postmaster and abuse checks doing them otherwise?

I think it's foolish to use these lists to block mail. The sites
on these lists violate the RFCs for a good reason (to them).

It would be similar to someone maintaining a black list
of all sites that _require_ MX records when the ancient RFCs
state that A records should be used.

Next we'll have black lists for "top posters", people who ask
for help before doing exhaustive Googling, and Republicans.

Ed