[PLUG] SQL-Ledger dataset

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Sep 15 11:30:03 UTC 2004

   Now that I have DBD::Pg installed I can open the admin Web page just fine.
However, there's one little glitch: no dataset defined within postgres. A
minor point, to be sure, but ... :-)

   According to the SQL-Ledger docs, after telling postgres to add a user
named 'sql-ledger' with permissions to add datasets and other users, I'm to
run the command, 'createlang plpgsql dataset'. Well, there's no 'dataset' to
which to apply the command. See:

postgres at salmo:/home/rshepard$ createlang plpgsql dataset
createlang: could not connect to database dataset: FATAL:  database
"dataset" does not exist

   Now this does work when the dataset is specified as 'template1'. What name
does one give to the 'dataset'? I've not yet created any data{base|set} so
I'm unclear for what postgres is looking.

   Otherwise, I think I'm ready to actually use it.

Thanks,

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
<http://www.appl-ecosys.com>