[PLUG] SQL-Ledger Login Help Needed

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Sep 16 06:48:04 UTC 2004

   I'm at a loss what to do. I defined me as a user for sql-ledger.
/usr/local/sql-ledger/users and ../members are both owned by nobody.nobody
(the owner of httpd). I can provide the contents of 'members' if that helps.

   However, when I open http://localhost/sql-ledger/login.pl and enter the
username and password I used to create me as a user I see this:

Error!

FATAL: user "rshepard" does not exist

   I spent a lot of time yesterday trying to resolve this paradox (including
sending a message to Dieter last evening). It is frustrating to be stuck in
an infinite loop where the application shows me as the authorized user but
then does not allow me to log in because I'm not an authorized user.

   To add to the pain, when I open the admin.pl page, there I am at the very
top section as a registered user.

   If you have any ideas on this I'd greatly appreciate the help. I cannot
see how to resolve this impasse; perhaps someone more distant from it can.

Thanks,

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
<http://www.appl-ecosys.com>