[PLUG] organizing notes

Josh Orchard josh at emediatedesigns.com
Thu Sep 16 17:31:01 UTC 2004

> them online and access via SSH, and you've got what you need. Text is
> easy

> Text is the best.
>
> - Bill Thoen

What a topic.  I'm glad to see I'm not alone trying to figure this
out.  I do have some constraints that many others don't have.

1.  I don't have ssh everywhere I go.  Public terminals or friends
computers in foreign countries tend not to have a client. a web base
solutions seems the best(even if only for the next few years).

2.  I like to put things in DBs.  SQL is a standard I think will be
around for a long time.  I can sort by categories, create fields that
make sense and do a variety of searching or browsing of the data
something Text files don't do so well.

I do appreciate all the thoughts.  Some of you have some decent tools
that gave me some ideas.  I'll have to design a beginning project and
see where I go.

Thanks,

Josh