[PLUG] CVS -- list all files not in the repository

Jason Van Cleve jason at vancleve.com
Fri Sep 17 09:55:03 UTC 2004

Quoth Randall Lucas, on Fri, 17 Sep 2004 07:44:46 -0700:

> >   cvs -n update | grep ^\? > newfiles.txt
>
> The problem is that cvs is not giving me the '? newfile.ext' line.  On

You should review the use of .cvsignore files.  Sounds like that may be
your problem.  If you've such a file in your home dir', any patterns
therein will be ignored upon cvs updates to any repository.  Also, there
may be .cvsignore files in your "sandbox", which affect just the
directories where they appear.  Additionally, there is a global
.cvsignore in the CVSROOT directory.  Any one of those three may be
getting in your way.

--Jason

--
Remember. when you have unsafe email with someone, you're having email
with all the other people that person's had unsafe email with...