[PLUG] For those who used WordPerfect

rsteff.l at comcast.net rsteff.l at comcast.net
Sun Sep 19 16:03:02 UTC 2004

Rich Shepard wrote:

>    I know of at least one other person who used WordPerfect for years and
> miss its passing from the linux scene. Only today I learned that there is a
> filter to convert those valuable old files to OpenOffice.org writer format:
> writerperfect

<http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=62662&package_id=110167>

Thanks, Rich.  Now that I have a machine that has more common hardware, and I
have a distribution running that seems reliable, stable, and works smoothly, I'm
going to be able to give it a try. It will be nice if OO can do all the things
WP does, but I'm not going to hold my breath (reveal codes and print as booklet
come to mind).

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens