[PLUG] For those who used WordPerfect

Aaron Burt aaron at bavariati.org
Sun Sep 19 17:27:02 UTC 2004

On Sun, Sep 19, 2004 at 05:08:14PM -0700, AthlonRob wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-09-19 at 17:04 -0700, Rich Shepard wrote:
> >    No word processor can do what WP did.
>
> Has anybody looked in to writing a WP-like CLI wordprocessor for *nix
> under an OSS license?

Wouldn't that be a text editor with most common TeX formatting codes
and commands mapped to finger-twisting combos of Meta and F-keys?

> I have a feeling such a thing would be pretty popular, at least among
> those who had computers back before WordPerfect for Windows.

They all switched to Word because of the network effect (and the thorough
sucktitude of WPWin) and forgot the keyboard shortcuts.

--
 I also suggested that she add the phrase, "Microsoft productivity
 software" to her dictionary of oxymorons.