[PLUG] JetDirect card in LaserJet 5

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Sep 20 15:16:01 UTC 2004

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004, Rich Shepard wrote:

> and in /etc/cups/printers.conf I have:
>
> <Printer laser5>
> Info Location salmo
> DeviceURI lpr://192.168.55.192/lp
> State Idle
> Accepting Yes
> JobSheets none none
> QuotaPeriod 0
> PageLimit 0
> KLimit 0
> </Printer>

   Reading the SAM again I see that location is just a meaningless string.
However, the DeviceURI has been changed to ipp: and I've followed the format
in the manual; that is, ipp://lj5/192.168.55.192/Port 1

   Tried sending a test page. It got up to 24% then said that network device
lj5 was busy and it would try again 30 seconds later.

   I have obviously erred in the syntax. Anyone know what I should have
there?

Thanks,

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)