[PLUG] Perl help needed

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Sep 21 15:20:04 UTC 2004

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004, Rich Shepard wrote:

>  Unfortunately, no. I had seen that. I cannot successfully run the
> vmware-config.pl script to tune it for the current kernel.

   Actually, I did get to this point succesfully. What I see when I try to
get vmware running is:

[rshepard at salmo ~]$ vmware
Cannot get temporary directory for log file.

VMware Workstation Error:
VMware Workstation unrecoverable error: (vmui)
Cannot get temporary directory for log file.
Please request support.  We will respond on the basis of your support
entitlement.

   I'm not sure where it's looking for the temporary directory for its log
files.

Thanks,

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)