[PLUG] Wanted to Introduce Myself

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Thu Sep 23 05:31:02 UTC 2004

>>>>> "alan" == alan  <alan at clueserver.org> writes:

alan> I have found a number of programs that do not build well on OS X or
alan> require X.

Here's how I fix that:

  $ fink list | wc -l
  3952
  $

There.  3952 "will build on OSX" packages.  I challenge you to name
something that isn't in there.

  $ which xterm
  /usr/X11R6/bin/xterm
  $

I seem to have X running just fine.

Maybe you're unaware that:

        1) apple has supported X11 for some time now
        2) fink and opendarwin have been porting all popular software