[PLUG] Linux Security Quickstart?

Terry Griffin griffint at pobox.com
Thu Sep 23 08:27:15 UTC 2004

On Thu, Sep 23, 2004 at 03:12:00PM +0000, j a wrote:
> >From: Michael Rasmussen <mikeraz at patch.com>
> >1) Fedora Core 2 offers to set up firewalling as part of the setup.
> >Accept the offer.
>
> I already have FC2 installed and I've a lot of stuff already on the box.  I
> would rather not reinstall.  I don't remember if I selected that option.
> Is there a way I can check to see if a firewall is running and install one
> if it's not?
>
> Thanks for the other tips.  I'll use them.

I think you can run system-config-firewall or something like that.
I don't have an FC2 system in front of me right now so I can say for
sure, so try this command:

   rpm -qa | grep firewall

That will turn up the package name. I think the script name
is the same.

Terry
--
Terry Griffin <griffint at pobox.com>