[PLUG] Learning where eth0 went

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Sep 24 20:02:02 UTC 2004

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004, Evan Heidtmann wrote:

> Sounds to me like you don't have drivers loaded for your card. Do lspci to
> figure out what the card is and then load the appropriate module.

Evan,

   Of course! I forgot that the NIC is built into the motherboard on that
box. If I could cut-and-paste between machines on the same monitor I'd be
able to look for the proper driver in google. It's a broadcom, but also
mentions DEC tulip. However, the tulip driver didn't want to load.

   Tomorrow I'll post the specific lines from lspci and we'll go from there.

Thanks very much,

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
<http://www.appl-ecosys.com>