[PLUG] Toshiba p25-S5263 and linux

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Sep 25 09:57:02 UTC 2004

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004, Dale F. Victor wrote:

> I should have stated that I already have done some research. Thanks for
> the suggestion though as I did not check this one. I was hoping that
> someone had bought one and installed Linux on it. I have seen different
> distro's on Toshiba's and they all work fine.

Dale,

   I know nothing about that Toshiba model. But, I've run Red Hat on a
Toshiba Libretto and both Red Hat 7.3 and Slackware 8.1, 9.0, 9.1 and 10.0
on my Toshiba Portege CT-3025. I never tried sound on either one so I cannot
commnet on that. Otherwise, linux installed very easily on both boxes.

HTH,

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
<http://www.appl-ecosys.com>