[PLUG] Digital Camera - Mount Windows partition?

Ovid publiustemp-plug at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 25 13:29:02 UTC 2004

--- AthlonRob <AthlonRob at axpr.net> wrote:
> Yes - mount the Windows partition... /dev/hda3 if my guess is correct.
>
> It's Win2K, so may or may not be NTFS.  If it's NTFS, you'll need to
> make sure you have the NTFS module loaded.

[root at tomis ovid]# mount /dev/hda3 /mnt/windows/
mount: fs type ntfs not supported by kernel

How do I load the ntfs module?  "modprobe ntfs" returns "Module ntfs not found."

I tried to install kernel-ntfs-2.6.5-1.358.i686.rpm from
http://linux-ntfs.sourceforge.net/rpm/fedora2.html, but it says that while I have the correct
kernel, it's not running.  My version is actually 2.6.5-1.358.8kstacks (due to needing that with
an NVIDIA driver) and I think that's the problem.  NVIDIA has released drivers for 4K stacks, but
I've been afraid to install them lest I break something.  FC2 has a somewhat different
architecture than RH, so I've been leery of making too many changes.

Cheers,
Ovid

=====
Silence is Evil            http://users.easystreet.com/ovid/philosophy/indexdecency.htm