[PLUG] OT domain name sales

Michael Rasmussen mikeraz at patch.com
Mon Sep 27 15:49:01 UTC 2004

On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 03:04:16PM -0700, Mike De La Mater wrote:
> What do domain names go for in situations like this? I've got hard costs
> in printing and advertising, obviously, not to mention a few sites that
> hang off it like my son's BSA troop.

The highest offer for patch.com was $15,000 or so.  That was in the .com
boom days, pre 2000.

I'd suggest you have the potential buyer make you an offer.  At that
point it's his budget vs. your decision.  How attached are you to the
domain you have?  What alternative domain names do you have available
to move to?  Are you particularly attached to the name?  are just a few
of the questions to ask yourself and figure out what it's worth.

Michael '@patch.com since 1994' R

--
    Michael Rasmussen, Portland Oregon
  Be appropriate && Follow your curiosity