[PLUG] Email Backing up

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Mon Sep 27 20:55:02 UTC 2004

R. Haack wrote:

> I'm having the following issue.  We got our email server up and
> running but some of our mail seems to be backed up at Clackamas ESD.
> From what I can tell all of this email is junk, but our server should
> be pulling it down and then bouncing it.  I do get bounce/delayed
> deliver messages but still there seems to be stuff backed up down the
> pipe from us.  Any ideas what could be causing this problem?

Also, most likely, the spam being delivered there is going their
directly. Many spammers deliver to the second or third mailhost on
purpose, because most second or third mailhosts can't or don't do all
the checks that the primary does.

Consequently, they have successfully delivered the mail, and charge
their customers accordingly.

--
Russ Johnson
Dimension 7/Stargate Online

Top post? http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

Random thought #18 (Collect all 24)
"The sum of the parts of the whole is due a portion of the overall sum of the portion of the parts of the individual percentage" - Unknown