[PLUG] What are the best Mozilla Plugins? (correction)

Alice Corbin ali at axian.com
Tue Sep 28 08:46:02 UTC 2004

On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 10:39:10PM -0700, Keith Lofstrom wrote:

> Still, even after fixing the crashes, I am interested in using the
> best performing plugins.  For example,  which Java runtime environment?
> ( Sun | IBM | Blackdown )??  Should I be using mozplugger instead?
> Other plugins enhancing my por\\\ fine animation viewing pleasures?

I installed blackdown's vm a while back.  But at times I would notice
my system getting unresponsive and find that the java_vm was running
amok, long after I had left the site that contained a java app.  I
would have to close the browser to stop it.

I switched to sun's vm and the problem went away.  Now this was a
couple of revs ago, so the problem in blackdown may have been fixed
long ago.

Ali