[PLUG] What are the best Mozilla Plugins? (correction)

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Tue Sep 28 13:26:02 UTC 2004

>>>>> "Alice" == Alice Corbin <ali at axian.com> writes:

Alice> I installed blackdown's vm a while back.  But at times I would
Alice> notice my system getting unresponsive and find that the java_vm
Alice> was running amok, long after I had left the site that contained
Alice> a java app.  I would have to close the browser to stop it.

Heh.  The other day while trying to figure out WTF was soaking up my
CPU, I found that *despite* closing the browser, I was still seeing a
50% utilization hole (I had two processes on a dual-proc box that
should have used up everything).  No processes showed up in top to
account for it, but somehow "System" was using the other 50%.  I
stretched out the xterm I was running top in and found a java_vm with
0% cpu way down the list.  I killed it and everything went back to
normal.

seniorr at aracnet.com