[PLUG] Is Java Still a Good Development Choice?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Sep 28 14:10:04 UTC 2004

   I ask the subject question because of Sun's re-alignment with Microsoft
and their announced business goal of killing off Red Hat and linux. (Groklaw
has a very interesting article on the transition and the FUD involved.)
Since Sun has become anti-OSS I guess we're all wondering about the future
of OpenOffice.org (for which Sun shares the copyright with OO.o) and Java
(which they retain as closed source).

   For those developing commercial applications: what do you think with
regard to the use of java?

Thanks,

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)