[PLUG] LDAP Question again

R Haack gluebert at comcast.net
Tue Apr 5 19:55:11 UTC 2005

I'm having another little problem getting LDAP setup and was hoping one
of you could help.  I was attempting to setup phpLDAPadmin when I first
ran into this error, so I went to the command line to make sure it
worked and here is what happens.

When I run this command:
    ldapsearch -x -b 'dc=nclack,dc=k12,dc=or,dc=us'

I get a list back that looks like the following:

# nclack.k12.or.us
dn: dc=nclack,dc=k12,dc=or,dc=us
objectClass: dcObject
objectClass: organization
o: North Clackamas School District
dc: nclack

# Manager, nclack.k12.or.us
dn: cn=Manager,dc=nclack,dc=k12,dc=or,dc=us
objectClass: organizationalRole
cn: Manager

# Mickey Mouse, nclack.k12.or.us
dn: cn=Mickey Mouse,dc=nclack,dc=k12,dc=or,dc=us
objectClass: person
sn: Mouse
cn: Mickey Mouse

# Minnie Mouse, nclack.k12.or.us
dn: cn=Minnie Mouse,dc=nclack,dc=k12,dc=or,dc=us
objectClass: person
sn: Mouse
cn: Minnie Mouse

# Goofie, nclack.k12.or.us
dn: cn=Goofie,dc=nclack,dc=k12,dc=or,dc=us
objectClass: person
sn: Goofie
cn: Goofie

# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success

# numResponses: 6
# numEntries: 5

When I enter the same command below:

    ldapsearch -x -b 'dc=nclack,dc=k12,dc=or,dc=us' -W

It to prompts me for the password and enter what I believe to be the
password I get "ldap_bind: Invalid credentials (49)"

I changed the password for the ldap user and also ran the command
slappasswd and copied the output into the slapd.conf file.

I'm using Fedora Core 2.

So can anybody tell me what I'm missing here?

Thank You

Robert Haack