[PLUG] Encrypting LPR data

Michael Rasmussen mikeraz at patch.com
Thu Apr 7 12:20:42 UTC 2005

Keith Lofstrom wrote:
> Now I could send all printer traffic down encrypted VPN tunnels to the
> server, and put the printers on a separate net connected only to the
> server.

If you have more than one server, or print queue capable host, on the
wired network you could set up print queues on those boxes and print
to them.  This is the same situation you'd be in if you did not have
the convenience of network attached printers.

Traffic between hosts on the wired segment is not echoed to the wireless
segment of the network.  That's part of the function of a bridge - to
only pass traffic between the the segments on different media when
the src-dst pair are on the different segments.

--
    Michael Rasmussen, Portland Oregon
  Be appropriate && Follow your curiosity