[PLUG] Long range wireless networking...

plug_0 at robinson-west.com plug_0 at robinson-west.com
Thu Apr 7 00:56:04 UTC 2005

Does anyone know of an amplifier for 802.11b networks to go between
an antenna and the card?  If I'm not mistaken, it's legal to use
up to 1 watt of transmit power.  I need greater range, I'm
hoping that I can simply increase the power.  I thought I'd
ask before going to the trouble of trying to build my own.

Aside from boosting the power, who is a good supplier of dish
and wire grid antennas for 802.11b/g networking?  Cantennas
are highly directional, it can be a challenge to line two
of them up.

I'm also curious about using LMR-900 cable instead of LMR-400
and what PoE cable is.

Michael C. Robinson