[PLUG] Searching for <(something)> with Google

Richard C. Steffens rsteff.l at comcast.net
Sat Apr 9 03:30:56 UTC 2005

I'm working through a CSS book that assumes I already know all the HTML used.
While I know most of it, I ran into an item that I have never encountered
before: <thread>. I finally found the description of it in the XHTML Black
Book. But, before I thought to look there, I tried a Google search, which,
instead of returning something useful, returned many links to thread, most of
which were discussion threads. The ads along side even included sewing
thread! (I got a stich out of those! -- Sorry)

Anyway, is there some way to search for <thread> and get what I want? In
Google, I searched for:

"<thread>" "html reference"

It appears that Google's search engine ignores the "<" and ">" characters. Is
there some trick to getting it to not ignore them?

BTW, for those who, like me, had not heard of <thread> before, here's the
scoop from the XHTML Black Book:

Purpose: Creates a table head when you're grouping rows.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens
http://home.comcast.net/~rsteff/

Note Cards & Photographic Prints avaliable at:
http://home.comcast.net/~rcsphoto/