[PLUG] rendering circa 1995 WP and HP Laserjet Series II files

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Tue Apr 12 06:06:29 UTC 2005

I've got an old document (not _that_ old, just 10 years) in two forms:
as WordPerfect file and as what appears to be a "print-to-file" as a
HP LaserjetII device.  I suppose if I had one of those printers I
could copy it to /dev/lp and it would print, but I don't have one of
those printers.

Is there an HPLJ emulator, say, that would render Postscript of even a
series of PNGs?  In other words, an inverse Ghostscript.  I googled a
little, unsuccessfully.

Alternatively, has anyone got a circa 1995 version of Word Perfect
that could print to something useful, like Postscript?  Or, yet more
alternatively, _any_ version of Word Perfect that might be able to do
that.

In short, I've got those two versions and I want something useful.  I
am happy to provide the files in question or accept broad hints.

Any ideas?

seniorr at aracnet.com