[PLUG] rendering circa 1995 WP and HP Laserjet Series II files

Aaron Burt aaron at bavariati.org
Tue Apr 12 06:18:39 UTC 2005

On Mon, Apr 11, 2005 at 11:06:29PM -0700, Russell Senior wrote:

> I've got an old document (not _that_ old, just 10 years) in two forms:
> as WordPerfect file and as what appears to be a "print-to-file" as a
> HP LaserjetII device.  I suppose if I had one of those printers I
> could copy it to /dev/lp and it would print, but I don't have one of
> those printers.

My copy of OpenOffice claims to import WordPerfect files, and there's
also WP2LaTeX.  SwiftView sez it can view PCL (e.g. HP LaserJet)
files, and most laser printers (such as mine) understand it as well.

If you have no luck with other methods, email 'em to me and I'll send
it back readable, either in email or in an envelope.

It's just another one of those fine PLUG member benefits,
  Aaron