[PLUG] VMware virtual win98 not connecting to the rest of the network

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Apr 13 00:58:08 UTC 2005

   It's been a few months since I fired up VMware to run a legacy application.
I just tried but when I attempted to log in, it told me that it could not
make a permanent connection to the linux share where data are exchaged
between the real OS and the virtural one.

   /etc/smb.conf still has the proper settings.

   I don't use VMware or samba enough to know where to look to find the source
of the problem. I'd really appreciate suggestions.

TIA,

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)