[PLUG] crazy files that won't go away

Stafford A. Rau srau at rauhaus.org
Wed Apr 13 15:34:12 UTC 2005

* Eric Wilhelm <ewilhelm at sbcglobal.net> [050413 00:17]:
> # The following was supposedly scribed by
> # Josh Orchard
> # on Tuesday 12 April 2005 04:59 pm:
>
> >---x--s-wt ?
> >?rw-rwx-w-
> >dr-Srw-rw-
> >?r-Sr-S-wx
>
> Wow!  Those are some ugly bits!  I can't even figure out how to set that
> first one.

Except for the third one which thinks it's a directory, the rest have
mangled file types in the directory listing. You'll probably need to use
some sort of file system repair utility.

Unmounting the file system and running the appropriate version of fsck
on it might be enough to shake them out.

Were they originally regular files (and not block or character device
files, named pipes, etc)?

--Stafford

--Stafford