[PLUG] Multi-OS Admin Question

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Apr 13 18:30:46 UTC 2005

   As I wrote yesterday, my vmware virtual win98 cannot see the network. It
knows what share to use during login but just cannot connect to it. VMware ie
properly configured so the problem is in the win98 network setup.

   A long time ago I had this same problem and someone told me where, within
the win98 desktop, I would find a dialog box that lets me specify the network
connections. I cannot find the message in my e-mail collection here nor can I
find how to get to the right place by trial and error.

   In Explorer (the file manager), under the Tools menu is an option to "map
network drive". When I select e:\ and choose path (in the lower data entry
widget), \\SALMO\WINSTUFF (the correct share/path) is displayed. However, I
cannot get the silly thing to connect to it. It tells me that either the
server or the share cannot be found.

   Where else do I have to set up things?

Thanks,

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President