[PLUG] crazy files that won't go away

Josh Orchard josh at emediatedesigns.com
Wed Apr 13 21:09:59 UTC 2005

> * Josh Orchard <josh at emediatedesigns.com> [050412 17:19]:
>
>> I have some crazy files that I'm trying to remove that come up with
>>  these file permissions:
>
> Just thinking aloud a bit more here...what are the permissions of the
>  directory in which these files reside? Do a:
>
> ls -ld .
>
> in that directory and post the result.
>
> Also, what are the actual file names? Could there be any spaces,
> non-printable characters, etc. embedded in the file names?

ls -ld . shows:
drwxrwxrwx    2 user software     4096 Apr  7 11:13 ./

The files names are normal and across the board with different names.
Nothing odd about them to me.  The worst being some have underscores
in the names.

I think we will try the fsck this weekend. I'll let you all know what
happens. If you have other suggestions worth trying I'll give those a
shot this week but I and other seem to be at a lost.

thanks for all the tips.  I just don't know what happened in the move
from the odd machine to the new.  This all should have been routine
move.

Josh