[PLUG] Multi-OS Admin Question

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Apr 13 22:41:33 UTC 2005

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005, Rich Burroughs wrote:

> Can you ping the box that the share is on?

Rich,

   Er, no. They're the same physical box. I don't know if there's a 'ping' in
win98. I used to be able to print from a win98 application and move files
back and forth between the two systems.

> Is there a firewall or anything that's doing packet filtering between the
> two boxes?

   Nope. That's another physical host.

> Can you do other things on the network from the Win98 install, like surf
> the web?

   I do not have Internet Exploder installed (or visible, whichever came
first) because there are fewer than a handful of old, windows-only apps that
I need to occasionally access.

   Responding to you is so symmetrical!

Thanks,

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President