[PLUG] multiple ssl domains on apache

Kurt Sussman plug at merlot.com
Mon Apr 18 19:52:50 UTC 2005

Jim Donaghy (jamesadonaghy at yahoo.com) typed this ...
> --- Kurt Sussman <plug at merlot.com> wrote:
> >
> > I think the solution is as simple as setting the
> > DocumentRoot to the
> > same place for both HTTPS servers. No rewriting
> > required.
> >
> By both HTTPS servers, do you mean having two
> instances of Apache, each attached to different IPs
> but pointed to the same doc root?

One instance of apache can listen on any list of IPs you give it.

Here's some info from one of my servers:

hive:~# netstat -tanp | grep apache
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:80              0.0.0.0:* LISTEN     20241/apache
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:443             0.0.0.0:* LISTEN     20241/apache

Note that the same apache process is listening on all IPs for both HTTP
and HTTPS. This server has 2 NICs handling 6 IPs.

--Kurt