[PLUG] OpenGL Libraries?

Richard C. Steffens rsteff.l at comcast.net
Sat Apr 23 16:33:30 UTC 2005

I downloaded a CAD program, http://www.tech.oru.se/cad/varkon/ that comes as
source code, and tried to compile it on my SuSE 9.1 system. As installed, the
operating system did not have development tools, so, I've installed things
only as I've discovered I need them.

My first attempt to compile Varkon failed right away with errors that showed
me that I didn't have X11 development files. Using YaST, I loaded them, or at
least what I assumed to be them.

The second attempt to compile Varkon had substantially fewer errors. This
time, it looks like what I'm missing is OpenGL. Here's the first two lines of
the error messages:

In file included from gp1.c:43:
../../DB/include/DB.h:89:19: GL/gl.h: No such file or directory

I went back to YaST, but have not been successful locating OpenGL. Somewhere
in the Varkon documentation I'm pretty sure I read that they developed this
software on a  SuSE 9.1, system and gave some assurance that it should work
for someone using the same, so I'm assuming I should be able to get what I
need.

Can anyone describe the package name, and where it's kept in YaST, for OpenGL,
assuming, of course, that it is what I'm missing?

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens
http://home.comcast.net/~rsteff/

Note Cards & Photographic Prints avaliable at:
http://home.comcast.net/~rcsphoto/