[PLUG] Compiling Varkon

Richard C. Steffens rsteff.l at comcast.net
Sat Apr 23 21:19:53 UTC 2005

On Saturday 23 April 2005 1:42 pm, Kenneth G. Stephens wrote:

> Sorry if I was snippy and rude before, did not mean to be.

That's OK. I didn't take it that way.

> Instructions and documentation can and do have mistakes.  Usually when
> installing software from source, the source files are placed under
> the /usr/local/src directory.  This directory should be open to users to
> place their source code there.  Then make and compile your source and
> test it as a user.  Only after deeming it safe for the system, do admins
> install it as root.

Thanks. That's a clearer description of the process then I've heard before.

> Looks like the make is trying to write to the /bin directory.  mbsc is
> the Varkon script compiler.
>
> See http://www.marcdatabase.com/~lemur/vk-install.html#installation

Excellent resource. It should help me with a number of things as I get started
with this program.

Thanks again.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens
http://home.comcast.net/~rsteff/

Note Cards & Photographic Prints avaliable at:
http://home.comcast.net/~rcsphoto/