[PLUG] Re: Mail server options for OSX?

john morgali aarghj at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 25 17:08:34 UTC 2005

Sorry if I was too vague, and I may yet need to refine
my question as this thread goes on.

Well, we have several years worth of emails in it, and
we are using it also as an email archive that we can
browse.  Lately it seems to have noticably slowed down
in its performance.  We cant seem to find any problems
with it, other than it is just slow.

More questions for you guys...
Do you have experience with this type of setup? Have
you used this client and others, and how does it
compare?  What are the pros and cons of it? How well
is it documented?

John

--- Wil Cooley <wcooley at nakedape.cc> wrote:

> On Mon, 2005-04-25 at 09:51 -0700, john morgali
> wrote:
> > Not sure if this is too off topic for this forum,
> but
> > I thought I would toss it out.
> >
> > The company I work for is currently an almost
> entirely
> > Mac OSX office, and is looking for an alternative
> > the current mail server that they are using.  It
> is
> > Cyrus running on OS 10.3.8.
>
> What's wrong with Cyrus?
>
> Wil
> --
> Wil Cooley
> wcooley at nakedape.cc
> Naked Ape Consulting
> http://nakedape.cc
> * * * * Linux, UNIX, Networking and Security
> Solutions * * * *

Pursuant to U.S. code, title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II, Section 227, and consistent with Oregon State Law, any and all unsolicited  commercial E-mail sent to this address is subject to a consulting fee.U.S. E-Mailing denotes acceptance of these terms.Consult http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/47/227.html for details.