[PLUG] Re: Mail server options for OSX?

john morgali aarghj at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 25 19:29:36 UTC 2005

Bop,

First off it is IMAP.

Second, It is the clients who are seeing the slowdown.
 I know that the mail is copied over to the client
machines, as well as master maintained by and on the
server. I am not sure on "Indexing" but we have a
series of nested folders which ultimately ends up in a
folder for each client, and is at most 5 directories
deep incuding the client directory. Primarily
operations such as moving emails from one folder to
another are becoming tediously slow, as well as
general reciept and sending of emails.

John

--- Ronald Chmara <ron at Opus1.COM> wrote:

> On Apr 25, 2005, at 10:08 AM, john morgali wrote:
> > Sorry if I was too vague, and I may yet need to
> refine
> > my question as this thread goes on.
> >
> > Well, we have several years worth of emails in it,
>
> POP? IMAP?
>
> >  and
> > we are using it also as an email archive that we
> can
> > browse.
>
> Are the clients indexing or not? Are the clients
> slowing down, or the
> server? What operations are slow?
>
> -Bop

Pursuant to U.S. code, title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II, Section 227, and consistent with Oregon State Law, any and all unsolicited  commercial E-mail sent to this address is subject to a consulting fee.U.S. E-Mailing denotes acceptance of these terms.Consult http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/47/227.html for details.