[PLUG] Re: BackupPC question?

Sean Harbour sean at harbours.us
Wed Apr 27 05:13:23 UTC 2005

Thanks Keith, some good points. Our default policy is to leave the rsync share read only, and only accessible by the backup server. I manually adjust the local rsync settings before attempting to restore something. I think I'll make sure the rsync settings exclude access to .ssh directories tomorrow. :-)

That said, it doesn't even get to the point of transfering a file, it just quits as soon as it receives the rsync share name and descriptive comment. I'll see if I can get some decent debug info tomorrow.

Sean Harbour