[PLUG] My spec file doesn't work...

Larry Brigman larry.brigman at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 21:19:01 UTC 2005

On 4/27/05, plug_0 at robinson-west.com <plug_0 at robinson-west.com> wrote:
> It's supposed to create a binary rpm for
> clamav-0.65 on a Redhat 7.3 system, but
> it doesn't work.
>
> I'm attaching it hoping that someone
> can mention what else I need to add
> or change to get the binary rpm I'm
> after.
>
> It creates a source rpm, but that source
> rpm has no file list and I admittedly
> am at a loss when it comes to figuring
> out where this source rpm installs
> the tarball and spec file.
>
> My goal is to roll my own rpms instead
> of installing from tarballs.

I did the research on this a while back.  Once you read through the
rpm documents
and remove the pre-disposition that everything you do for an rpm has
the have the
source then you basicly just use the files section with the
postinstall postremove sections
to configure or remove/move stuff that is not file based but edit/add
to config scripts.

My references
basic rpm docs http://www.rpm.org/RPM-HOWTO/
simple binary rpm http://wings.buffalo.edu/computing/ublinux/HOWTO-rpm.html