[PLUG] ANNOUNCEMENT: May PLUG Meeting

Geoff Burling llywrch at agora.rdrop.com
Thu Apr 28 19:00:01 UTC 2005

Dave's out of the country, so he asked me to post this for him.

Geoff

                         MEETING ANNOUNCEMENT

                    The Portland Linux/Unix Group
                              will meet
                      7 PM Thursday May 5, 2005
                                  at
                      Portland State University
                                in the
                        Smith Memorial Center
                               Room 298
                       On the block bounded by
   SW Montgomery, SW Broadway (7th), SW Harrison, and SW Park (9th)

                                 PRESENTATION

                               An Introduction
                                Voice Over IP

                                      by

                                 Dan Carrere
                        <dcarrere at pioneerpacific.edu>

      Dan Carrere is head of the IT department at the Spring
      branch of Pioneer Pacific College.  He is also a long time
      member of the Open Source community.
      Dan will speak on voice over IP and demonstrate Asterisk
      which is an Open Source Linux PBX system.

      This is the same presentation that was scheduled back in March,
      but was cancelled due to sickness.

          Agenda:

              7:00 - 7:30  Business
                   We will discuss the status of our ongoing projects
                   including PLUG's monthly Advanced Topics meetings,
                   PLUG's monthly hands on clinics, PLUG for Education,
                   etc.
                   We will also discuss ways of finding speakers for
                   future meetings.

              7:30 - 8:30  Presentation

                   See above

              9:00 - ...  Beer
                                  The Lucky Labrador Brewing Company
                                  915 SE Hawthorne

          P.S.  Biznix which specializes in Linux and UNIX support for
                the Business Computer User meets on the second
                Thursday of the month at the Novell offices in Tigard.
                See http://www.Bizix.org for details.

          P.S.  PDXLUG provides a less formal alternative to PLUG
                emphasizing the needs of new users.   PDXLUG meets
                every second Thursday of the month in southeast Portland.
                See http://www.PDXLUG.org for details.

          P.S.  The Mid Willamette Valley Linux Users Group meets at
                Oregon State University (generally Owen Hall room 101)
                on the first Tuesday of the month.
                See http://www.mwvlug.org/ for details.

          P.S.  The Eugene Linux Users Group meets several times a month.
                See http://www.euglug.org for details.