[PLUG] .bash_profile and .bashrc

Eric Wilhelm ewilhelm at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 29 17:51:34 UTC 2005

# The following was supposedly scribed by
# Jason Van Cleve
# on Friday 29 April 2005 10:30 am:

>> I still haven't managed to find a definitive answer about where
>> $PATH is supposed to be set.  Between the bash info page, the unison
>> docs,
>
>If it's a PATH meant for all users, I'd say /etc/profile is the best
>place.  This should make your path elements available to your init
>scripts, as well as to all shells.

But anything in that $PATH is not available to a remote shell.  So, if
'command' is in /usr/site/bin and you try to run it with a non-login
ssh shell, it won't be found.

  ssh localhost command

--Eric
--
Chicken farmer's observation:  Clunk is the past tense of cluck.