[PLUG] Setting Up /etc/sudoers For One User

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Aug 2 15:13:58 UTC 2005

   I want to allow one user, on one specific host, to have the shutdown
command run as root when logging out.

   In /etc/sudoers I defined:

Host_Alias  LOCALHOST = localhost
User_Alias  USERS = <username>
Cmnd_Alias  SHUTDOWN = /usr/sbin/shutdown, /usr/sbin/halt
USERS       LOCALHOST = SHUTDOWN

   Where do I place the NOPASSWD: <username> so I can put the command,
sudo /usr/sbin/halt
in ~/.logout and have the system shut down when the user logs out?

Thanks,

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President     |  Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM) |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"