[PLUG] Setting Up /etc/sudoers For One User

Aaron Baer aaronb at personaltelco.net
Tue Aug 2 17:23:41 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-02 at 09:32 -0700, Rich Shepard wrote:

>    Obviously, I've missed something important in /etc/sudoers but I've no idea
> what it is. I'd greatly appreciate a clue.

Cmnd_Alias	SHUTDOWN_PAMELA=/sbin/shutdown

pamela		ALL=(root) NOPASSWD: SHUTDOWN_PAMELA

I pretty sure those two lines will give access to the shutdown command
to pamela without password.

We use something similar, in combination with ssh keys, to do some
default admin access settings for newly built Personal Telco Nodes.

A-

--
----
Aaron Baer