[PLUG] Setting Up /etc/sudoers For One User

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Aug 2 18:12:01 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2 Aug 2005, Eli Stair wrote:

> Did you do your edits with visudo?  /etc/sudoers can be whitespace-picky if
> you do it yourself. If not, try checking it with visudo -c

/eli,

   Yes, I suffered through visudo. It's supposed to pick up either VISUAL or
EDITOR and use the defined editor, but it doesn't. So I pull out "Linux in a
Nutshell" to refer to the vi commands and stumble my way through it.

   I did go back and replace any spaces between the initial variable and the
following values with a tab.

Thanks,

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President     |  Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM) |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"