[PLUG] Setting Up /etc/sudoers For One User

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Aug 2 21:01:10 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2 Aug 2005, Aaron Baer wrote:

> So can you confirm that .logout is even working at all as you'd expect.
> Can you put something like
>
> /bin/echo "foo" > ~/areyou.there
>
> and see if it's even executing that file on logout..
> (/me thinks, permission on .logout?? )

Aaron,

    My, my, my! ~/.logout is not being read or acted upon. Perms are 644, the
same as ~/.bashrc and ~/.bash_profile. Nothing was echoed to the file name.
"Foo" is right!

   So, where should I look to learn why .logout is not being called? Haven't
dived this deep into logout before.

Thanks for the helpful pointer,

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President     |  Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM) |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"