[PLUG] passive FTP failing ...

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Thu Aug 4 05:26:18 UTC 2005

>>>>> "Russell" == Russell Senior <seniorr at aracnet.com> writes:

Russell> I am running an anonymous ftp server on a public IP.
Russell> Recently, passive-mode FTP transfers are failing.  This seems
Russell> to include browsers that seem to do passive mode by default,
Russell> but I can replicate the behaviour with /usr/bin/ftp by
Russell> ensuring passive mode is on.  With passive mode off, it works
Russell> just fine.  My iptable rules look like this:

[...]

Russell> It is possible the failure started when I converted from
Russell> 2.4.x to 2.6.11.x.  I am going to look at the kernel
Russell> possibility.  Any other pointers?

Never mind.  I found it.  I had ip-conntrack-ftp compiled as a module
but hadn't loaded it.  I loaded it by hand and plopped it in
/etc/modules and I should be fine now.  Sorry for the bother.

seniorr at aracnet.com