[PLUG] networked printer with netgear ps101

rdought at pacifier.com rdought at pacifier.com
Thu Aug 4 17:20:11 UTC 2005

On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 09:07:08 -0700
Derek Loree <drl at drloree.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 2005-08-03 at 19:34 +0000, rdought at pacifier.com wrote:
> > Has anyone here had experience networking a printer with a Netgear PS101 print server?  I'm trying to get it to print using using CUPS and lpd://ip.address but have had zero luck.  Googling for the answer has left me equally frustrated.  (I am, of course, trying to set this up from a linux machine.)
> >
> Yes, I have.  Unfortunately, I had to use a windows box to set it up.
> After a while, the windows boxes started to error out when trying to
> print to it, so I brought it home, where linux was able to print to it
> with no problem.

Thanks for the responses.  The trick was to set the device uri socket://ip.address:9100
I now have a functioning networked printer.

> How much configuration where you able to do?  Were you able to assign an
> IP address to the print server?

I had to initially configure the print server from a Windows machine, but sometimes it's necessary.

--
Ron----

"Deja que el mundo te cambie...
y tu podrás cambiar el mundo."